Monday, January 05, 2009

Row, Row, Row your boat

Growing up, we had "flannel board stories" (bible characters that were cut out and mounted on flannel to hang up on a flannel board-cut out from church magazines printed in the 1950's). I really loved them because there were a lot of pieces that you could play with (I mean-learn scripture stories from). My mom surprised me several years ago by giving me copies of the stories and characters that I could cut out and laminate. It was expensive (they were color copies) and time consuming, but I finally got them done in Florida. Jackson wasn't really interested then, but he LOVES them now. They serve us well for Family Home Evening lessons-short, interactive and religious. We hold FHE on Sunday night, and last night we were CRACKING up at Jackson's comment on our lesson about Jonah and the Whale.

Brent: Jackson, what did you learn in Family Home Evening?

Jackson: I learned about the boat.

Brent: Did you learn about Jonah?

Jackson: Yes, Jonah got in the BIG boat and went gently down the stream.

Clearly, another successful FHE????

6 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dave and Julie said...

That is great love it. good job on the family home evening.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger wendysue said...

Sounds right to me!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

oh, is that how it goes??!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Elena said...

HA! I love it. Don't they just surprise with what they're thinking?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Stefani Bellows said...

Hilarious! I love it. I would love to have a scripture story collection laminated to use for FHE. I think my kids would love it too. I should get going on that! LOL!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Jensen Family said...

I know the feeling! I could seriously sit, watcxh and listen to Jeckson all day! He is hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home